Of course you’ve heard the speeches about why an apartment community is head and shoulders above the rest. I’m going to introduce you to a development and management firm that blows THOSE communities out of the water.
TOP TEN REASONS WHY A NORTHWOOD RAVIN COMMUNITY IS THE WAY TO GO:
- They build it. Want to know who built your spacious loft or sunny two-bedroom apartment overlooking your favorite city? More than likely, it was Northwood Ravin designed, Northwood Ravin developed, and Northwood Ravin constructed. Yeah, we’re not just talking about a management company here. You can be assured that from concept to creation, the community you’re residing in has seen the full spectrum of the NWR creme de la creme. (Pictured: Novus Westshore in Tampa, FL)
2. Location, location, location. Anyone can build an awesome community that you’d want to come home to. But take a look around the outside of the community property lines- is this where you want to be? Northwood Ravin is strategic about WHERE they build. Taking cities like Charlotte, Atlanta & Dallas, they look at the neighborhood their renter would want to be in. Smack in the middle of uptown Charlotte? Welcome to the VUE or Catalyst. Tampa’s prestigious Westshore district? Hello to Novus Westshore or Varela Westshore. Walkability to shops, restaurants & entertainment? Check out Bradford Apartments or Birkdale Village Apartments, both located on the same site as major shopping destinations in Cary, NC and Huntersville, NC respectively.
3. Green living stance. Northwood Ravin is a member of the US Green Building Council, which means everything they design is designed to use the least amount of natural resources possible. It also means that everything they build uses recycled materials where they can. It’s the little things like Energy Star appliances and water-conserving features throughout the home as well as low-impact landscaping techniques that make the difference. Plus, with motion-sensor lighting in common areas, you can feel okay about leaving that yoga room light on.
4. All the “extras”. Northwood Ravin figured out a long time ago that four walls don’t make a home. It’s the extra things that make renting an apartment much more valuable. Northwood Ravin is known for creating never-before-seen amenities to fit the lifestyle of the community. Hot & cold plunge pools are ready to greet you after a long workout in your private health club. Practice your swing at the full-sized golf simulator or relax in the resident-only steam room. Fancy a game of chess? Grab a friend and go to the life-sized outdoor chess set in the courtyard. From expansive hammock courtyards to rentable garden plots for vegetable and herb gardens, NWR is ever exploring new and creative ways to give their residents the edge in apartment living. (pictured: amenities of Bradford Apartments in Cary, NC)
5. The on-site management team. Whether a new community or an established one, chances are this team is tight. Unlike most management companies that hire for a specific community in their portfolio, Northwood Ravin looks to hire people to fit in with the entire company culture. Rest assured, you will find energetic, compassionate, genuine and hard-working office and maintenance team members at each NWR community. Whether they are attending trade shows or apartment association events together (the Varela Westshore team, pictured above at the Bay Area Apartment Association Trade Show!) or hosting one of their many planned resident events, each team is encouraged to openly communicate, problem-solve together and create a fantastic atmosphere for their residents and visitors.
6. Their president & corporate team. Most people don’t experience the “behind-the-scenes” aspect of their apartment communities, but in this case, “behind-the-scenes” is one of Northwood Ravin’s strengths. Founded recently in 2011, their president, David Ravin, has set a precedent for each of his employees- no matter what division they work in. David makes a point to communicate monthly with his employees to talk openly about what’s in the works for NWR- new developments, new purchases and even two to three year plans for the company. Besides knowing his employees by name, he is actively involved with each community’s successes. The corporate team, an extension of David’s care for his employees, exists to support what NWR is doing. Northwood Ravin has their own in-house accounting, IT, marketing, human resources, operations, development, construction and interior design teams. With this “team” mentality, each department works with each other and with other departments to create one of the best company cultures in the business- both for themselves, their future employees and their NWR residents.
7. Pinterest-worthy interior design. Did we mention the interior design team in the last paragraph? Well, we’re going to mention it again. NWR has their own in-house design team who’s job it is to scout out the most of-the-moment interior design trends and translate them into their apartment communities. The result? The chicest resident lounges & apartment models around. Since the design team is Northwood Ravin through and through, they understand the NWR lifestyle and the emotion that each community will evoke on it’s renters. From cozy throws, metallic accents that catch the light from huge picture windows to perfect lounge chairs around a stone fire-pit, this team has it going on- and they make sure you come home to a community that would make your Pinterest “Dream Home” board weep. (pictured: model of The Heights at Park Lane, Dallas, TX)
8. Out-of-this-world apartment finishes. Stand back “black appliance packages” and “speckled countertops”. Enter stainless steel French door refrigerators, quartz or marble countertops, pull-out faucet sprayers & hood ranges. Did we mention the mosaic tile backsplashes or the glass front cabinetry with wine storage? Oh yes. And that’s just the kitchen. Step into your bathroom and rain shower heads, ceramic tile surrounds and bathtubs big enough to host a small pool party are at your fingertips. Edison bulbs, LED lighting & seven foot tall windows also provide enough light to see every corner of your home. Northwood Ravin is continuing to pull out the stops on their interiors- from the open concept studios to the sprawling three-bedroom executive suites. Take a tour at any one of their communities and be amazed. (pictured: The Village at Commonwealth, Charlotte, NC)
9. Signature Services. NWR Signature Services is a fairly new concept, but no less awesome. This list of amenities found only at Northwood Ravin signature communities means that convenience comes standard. Things like front-of-house concierges to take care of the little things (did you have a package delivered? They can get that for you.) to the larger time-saving items like valet grocery service or dry-cleaning pick up means that your new home will actually save you time. The in-house maintenance staff makes sure you’re taken care of, no matter the hour. There will always be a fully stocked coffee bar in the common areas (good-bye, busy Starbucks line!) and with a constantly rotating series of social events on the community calendar, the Northwood Ravin management teams ensure that you will always have a chance to meet your neighbors. Who could ask for more? (pictured: The VUE concierge services, Charlotte, NC)
10. Country-wide expansion. With Northwood Ravin planning another 8 communities in the next two years, some in never-before markets (hello Atlanta & Washington D.C.!), it means you can always find an NWR community wherever life takes you. From towering high-rises with retail on the lower floor to perfectly located mid-rises with amazing walk-scores, Northwood Ravin has a fantastic web of sister properties across the Southeast. Some of the most notable current projects include Carolina Square in Chapel Hill; a high-rise off historic Franklin Street geared towards undergrads and graduate students- to Galleries at Park Lane, a multi-level Dallas-based community with amenities for days. You can follow along each of these developments’ progress on the NWR social media pages or on their website at www.nwrliving.com. Search for their communities using #NWRliving and be sure to check out their signature communities in person or by virtual tour by contacting the leasing staff (individual community information on the Northwood Ravin home page). Prepare to be amazed.
— Kate Irving, NALP | @kateirving01